Sunday, November 7, 2010

I like feeling things up.

While in college I had the lucky opportunity to play with clay, there's just something so homey about it that I kept going back to it...and eventually during the "I specialize in _______ material" seeking phase of college, I would always retreat back to the friendly ceramics lab, away from painting and the overloaded baggage of critique that came with it. It's funny how much I look back at college and see that I've learned an incredible amount but at the same time, maybe nothing at all. You learn and study and use this knowledge to see how and what you do will stack up against its predecessors. This can help you to come up with a new thesis or work of art that will astound the world (either in a good and bad way but even that doesn't matter because good is good and bad can be good), or it'll help you to realize how good it feels to ignore what you've learned and to just do.
That being said though, knowledge is never a bad thing.

Anyways, these are just some fun times with clay.




Btw, I realize I have a tendency to freak people out with the way I say things that sound promiscuous, am I a pervert? Maybe, but I really just find that type of humor funny. And this is the only time I'm warning you about it, it's my blog anyways.
Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment